Margarita Osipian is a Belarusian born, Canadian raised researcher, curator, and cultural organiser living and working in the Netherlands. Margarita works at the intersections of art, design, and technology; organizing collaborative projects both in formal institutions and in more precarious and fleeting spaces. Holding an MA in Media Studies from the University of Amsterdam and an MA in English Literature from the University of Toronto, her research has focused on visual culture, technology, and the carceral state. Margarita is part of The Hmm, a platform for digital culture; a member of the Hackers & Designers collective; and is the art editor for Versal, an art and literature journal based out of Amsterdam. She has done programming and curated exhibitions for the Salwa Foundation, TodaysArt, Bits of Freedom, Hackers & Designer, the W139, and Mediamatic, amongst others.
- Lightening Workshop: Gender mirroring bots & Turing test (← links)
- Emotion Recognition from an algorithmic point of view (← links)
- BodyBuilding live stream (← links)
- Inefficient Tools for Quantified Beings Opening Program (← links)
- In-Between Media: Hybrid Tactics in The Crisis Era (← links)