Coop Platform rebuild
|Coop Platform rebuild|
|Name||Coop Platform rebuild|
|Categories||100% Development Program|
The software built by James for the coop platform has shown very interesting features and a good workflow to organize H&D yearly budget into a more approachable format.
The experimentation done by running it on a private Ethereum-based blockchain was at the same time useful in terms of how to “vote“ on a project proposal, as well as full of complications.
While keeping all the core ideas from the original project, this re-implementation aims to start with a simpler setup (eg no blockchain as database, but a more canonical posgresql), a more solid user interface and better integration with the wiki.
In parallel, an ongoing research track on co-op structures will be developed, both to inform the design of the new coop software as well as the general internal workflows of the group.
Later on, a private blockchain could be re-introduced as part of going experimentation with coop models.
golangfor the backend (opportunity to learn new lang)
posgresqlfor the database
pythonfor the frontend, or possibly
- Karl (interfacemaken)
Research and Design:
- outline of previous workflow (from coop platform) together with current one
- definition of general, agreed upon, workflow amongst all coop members
- what does a user need to do to propose a project?
- how does a user vote on a project?
- setup of database
- building of necessary functions based on agreed upon workflow
- setup of APIs for frontend to interact with
- login system
- notification system? eg
- when a new project has been added
- or approved
- or proposed but never reached enough votes after x amount of time
- design of user interface
- building of necessary functions to talk with backend
- actual UI implementation
- login system