You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
'''About bugs, bots & bytes'''
In 2015 Hackers & Designers launched their first summer academy. Stirred by the title of 'About Bugs, Bots and Bytes' H&D curated a hands-on program including, workshops, excursion, a public film screening and lectures. The biggest part of the program took place in [[De_PUNT | De PUNT]], an art & project space in the center of Amsterdam. Fostering an understanding of contemporary digital culture and maximising participation ambiguities and misconceptions about topics like privacy, surveillance, open source, user-controlled platforms, role of algorithms, digital-self and identity were researched in a playful and hands-on manner.
The immersive program of the Summer Academy allowed participants to build relationships and investigate new technology and design media, and equipped them with technological tools, collaboration opportunities, cross-disciplinary vocabulary, and an understanding of tech and design tools in a social context.
The cover charge of €350,00 per participant covered the 10 day program, a welcome dinner, daily lunches and an arduino kit.
* [[Toy_Hacking|Toy Hacking]] by [[Selby Gildemacher]], [[James Bryan Graves]] and [[Anja Groten]]
* [[Algorithmic Kitchen]] by [[Luis_Rodil-Fern%C3%A1ndez|Luis Rodil-Fernández]]
* [[Code, text and text-to-speech]] by [[An Mertens]] and [[Michael Murthaugh]] from [[Constant Association for Art and Media]]
* [[Language_Design|Language Design]] by [[Vadim_Zaytsev|Vadim Zaytsev]]
* [[Applied_Bio-Robotics|Applied Bio-Robotics]] by [[Arjan Scherpenisse]]
* [[Error_Messages|Error Messages]] by [[Dani%C3%ABl_van_der_Velden|Daniël van der Velden]] from [[Metahaven]]
* [[DIY_theremin_making|DIY theremin making]] by [[Andrey_Smirnov|Andrey Smirnov]]
* [[Domestic_Drone_Defence|Domestic Drone Defence]] by [[Ruben Pater|Ruben Pater]] and [[Tijmen Schep]]
* [[Waag Society]]
* [[Lava Lab]] with [[Mark Meeuwennoord]] and [[Klasien van de Zandschulp]]
'''Public film screening'''
*[[Underground_Cinema | Underground Cinema]] by [[Jeffrey_Babcock |Jeffrey Babcock]] with Decoder (1984)
'''H&D Summer Talks'''<br>
At the end of the Summer Academy Hackers & Designers invited cross-disciplinary speakers to take the participants and the public into a deeper conversation around topics, which have arose in our modern techno society and breached over the course of the Summer Academy.
The speakers offered insights and diverse perspectives into their research, professional and artistic practices, all the while maintaining the satirical and humorous approach of Hackers & Designers. <br>
[[Public program: Summer talks and summer party|More about the H&D Summer Talks]]<br>
* [[The_right_to_die_digitally,_digital_euthanasia,_image_rights_and_more|The right to die digitally, digital euthanasia, image rights and more – Lecture]] by [[St%C3%ABfan_Sch%C3%A4fer | Stëfan Schäfer]]
* [[Training_and_the_problem_of_data:_What_would_it_take_to_adopt_fugitive_statistics|Training and the problem of data: What would it take to adopt fugitive statistics – Text]] by [[Ramon_Amaro|Ramon Amaro]]
* [[Gestural_Interfacing|Gestural Interfacing – Lecture]] by [[Jeremy_Bailey|Jeremy Bailey]]
* [[The_potentials_of_technological_flaws|The potentials of technological flaws – Lecture]] by [[Rosa Menkman|Rosa Menkman]]
School's out for Summer!
Hackers & Designers hosted a summer night of talks, drinks, 'n tunes.
H&D Summer Party, music by:
* DJ Nudist Looters
* [http://www.soundcloud.com/neilakiosk DJ Boris Becker] with [[Neila Kiosk Mixtape]]
* DJ Toby
* [[Selby_Gildemacher|Selby Gildemacher]]
* [[James_Bryan_Graves|James Bryan Graves]]
* [[Anja_Groten|Anja Groten]]
* Nabieh Ali
* Jona Andersen
* Lucian Blankevoort
* Yoana Buzova
* Jurriaan Boerman
* Filianne Farigu
* Eurico Sá Fernandes
* Flaminia Fortunato
* Scott van Haastrecht
* Vincent Hoenderop
* Maaike De Laat
* Michaela Lakova
* Caterine Lenoble
* Linder Basil Lukas
* Rosa Menkmann
* Gianluca Monaco
* Abdelfatah Naser
* Tijmen Schep
* Maartje Smits
* Mark-Jan Tellingen
* Vicky De Visser
* Klasien van de Zandschulp
The Hackers & Designers Summer Academy 2015 has been generously funded by:
and kindly supported by:
[[File:waag.jpg|WAAG Society logo]]
[[File:lava.jpg|Lava Lab logo]]
This is a minor edit
Watch this page